Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adult Jam 6-19-2010

Hi there, everyone.
Last Saturday we held another Adult Jam. There were seven of us banging away on guitars. Lots of fun. Katie and Joseph Khoury hosted and I appreciate it. I led the group in playing Cripple Creek as I debuted the results of 6 months of banjo playing. I couldn't find banjo teacher so I started teaching myself. Weekly practice and keeping it on my mind resulted in a rousing repertoire of two songs! But it was worth the effort. I know know how to play a lot of the rolls used in bluegrass banjo.

Then, Katie and I played Old Joe Clark. She played the lead and I played rhythm. Then I dropped into harmony. After that, I switched to banjo and Katie played rhythm . She did a great job and it was a lot of fun.

Julie sang and played The First Cut is the Deepest and everyone played along with her. Good job, Julie.

Jerry played and sang a great rendition of Ghost Riders in the Sky. I   played rhythm for him. Jerry made me feel like the Sons of the Pioneers were with us!

We all played some songs together and had a good time.

I plan on having some video up soon. In the mean time you can see some pictures at www.facebook.com/napervilleguitarlessons

You don't have to be a FB member to view them. Just go to the site and click on PHOTOS

Thanks,Terry

No comments: